Last Modified: December 10, 2018
DMTONLINESTORE.COM DATA COLLECTION
Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us. As part of the fun and interactive experience of using our Site, there will be places where you can enter personal information, such as your name, postal address, billing or shipping address, email address, telephone number, location, preferences, payment method, or any other identifier by which you may be identified online or offline. For example, you may be asked to provide personal information when you:
- Create an account;
- Purchase a product;
- Sign up for email or news updates;
- Fill out online surveys or respond to marketing initiatives, contests, events, or promotions;
- Provide information in fillable forms or fields;
- Request information about us or the Site; whether via email or other electronic means;
- Submit product reviews;
In addition, if you make a debit or credit payment online, our third party payment service providers (our “Payment Providers”), may take your payment information on our behalf and process it. Our Payment Providers may provide information back to us to confirm your purchase, allow us to fulfill your order, and for other purposes outlined in this Policy.
Information You Provide Through Other Means. We like to know who our customers are and how they are using our products, so we can market the right products to the right people. As a result, we may also collect, obtain, or supplement information about you (including personal information) from sources other than you, including publicly available sources like social networking sites, forums and blogs, other users of our products and services, our affiliates, and our business partners and service providers.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site. When you use or interact with our Site, we may use a variety of technologies that collect information automatically, including cookies, web beacons, flash cookies, and logging. Those technologies may collect, among other things, your IP address, location, device type, date and time of visit, operating system, and browser type, as well as what webpage you visit immediately prior to or after visiting the Site and your activities on the Site. If you are interacting with the Site on a mobile device, additional information may be collected, including your mobile device’s unique device ID, GPS signal and information about how you use the Site. The information may also be collected, received by, or shared with third party vendors who assist us with these activities. We use this information to, for example, help make the Site more useful and appealing to you and to better understand our users.
- Cookies. We think it is important that you understand cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is sent to your browser when you access a website, including the Site. We and the third parties described below may use session cookies. A session cookie is available only during the course of the browser session; the information is not sent to or stored on a computer’s hard drive. Closing the browser or logging off will invalidate the session cookie. We and the third parties described below may also use machine cookies, which do remain on a computer hard drive and gather information, sometimes over time and across sites. You can find more information about your choices regarding cookies under the heading “YOUR CHOICES ABOUT OUR COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE.”
- Web Beacons. “Web beacons” or “tracking pixels” are electronic images, tags, or scripts that allow a website to access cookies and among other things, help track general usage patterns of visitors to a website. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information, such as cookies, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the web beacon is placed. We and the third parties described below may use web beacons to compile information regarding your use of the Site.
THIRD PARTY DATA COLLECTION
Information from Emails. As noted above, we collect information on our email campaigns from our third party service providers, including whether you have read an email sent by us or on our behalf, forwarded an email, and when and how many times you have opened an email. We may use this information to improve our marketing, to understand our audience, and to improve the Site and our products and services. If you wish to opt-out of receiving emails from us, please see the “Opt-out” section, below.
Information from Third Party Analytics. We also use third party analytics on the Site, provided by Google Analytics to, for example, enable us to continually improve upon the content we offer to you, for systems administration purposes, to evaluate your use of the Site, to compile reports on activity, to analyze performance metrics, and to collect and evaluate other information related to the Site. Some of our analytics can be used to track users over time, for geo-location purposes, and across third party websites.
Information from Social Media Platforms. We contract with or otherwise use third parties to gather and analyze data from social media platforms, including, for example, Facebook®, Pinterest®, YouTube®, and Twitter®. We use these third parties to help us understand your interaction between social media and our Site. One of the ways we obtain information is through web beacons or pixels.
Performance of the Site. We also use third party services to track information about the performance of the Site. The third party services collect aggregated data from visits to the Site to help troubleshoot any problems with performance, such as errors in code or page load times. We use this information to optimize your experience with the Site.
Online Behavioral (Targeted) Advertising. Online behavioral advertising is used to deliver advertisements that are catered to your interests (or “targeted” to you) based on your browsing history. We may engage third parties to display ads on our behalf on the Internet, including, for example, Google, and those third parties may use information about you to provide you with our ads. We may also engage our service providers to track and report performance of advertising and marketing campaigns to and from us.
While the information that we and our third party service providers collect automatically does not normally contain personal information, we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect from you or that we receive from third parties. This helps us to, among other things: (a) estimate our audience size and usage patterns; (b) store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests; (c) speed up your searches; (d) recognize you when you return to the Site; (e) improve the Site and any products and services we offer through the Site; and (f) improve our marketing efforts.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
The information we gather allows us to serve you better, in ways such as those described above and below.
Use of Information Collected Automatically. We use information we collect automatically, which typically does not identify you, for various internal business purposes, including those described in this Policy. However, we may use information we collect automatically from your use of the Site that is not personal information and other information we collect or obtain that is otherwise de-identified, aggregated, or anonymous, for any purpose, including sharing it with third parties to improve the content and functionality of the Site, to better understand our customers and markets, and to improve our products and services.
Uses of Personal Information. We may use your personal information:
- To respond to any request you have made, including for information, products, and/or services;
- For our marketing efforts, including to keep you informed about existing and new products and services;
- To confirm and complete transactions requested by you;
- To provide you with customer support;
- To resolve problems and disputes with the Site;
- To improve the Site, and our products and services offered through the Site;
- To protect the security and integrity of the Site;
- If necessary, to notify you about changes to the Site and any products or services we offer or provide through them;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- To fulfill any other purposes for which you provide it, or offer your consent; and
- As generally permitted under applicable law.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information, including your personal information:
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- With our subcontractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and the Site, including our purchasing processors, maintenance providers, and marketing partners;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of or during a merger, divestiture, restructuring, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of DMTOnlineStore.com assets or equity, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by DMTOnlineStore is among the assets transferred;
- For any other purposes disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- With your consent.
We may also share your personal information to comply with any court order or legal obligation, including responding to any lawful government or regulatory request, or if we believe disclosure is necessary to enforce or protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of our users or third parties.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT OUR COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE
There are steps you can take to manage your privacy. You have choices regarding the information you provide to us and that we collect, including:
Cookies. If you do not wish us to collect cookies, you may set your browser to refuse some cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you do so, please note that some parts of the Site may then be inaccessible or may not function properly. Information on deleting or controlling cookies can be found at www.aboutcookies.org.
Analytics. Some of the analytics providers we use allow you to opt out:
E-mail Opt-Out. You may opt-out of receiving future communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email from us (or sent on our behalf).
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information. If you have an account on the Site and wish to review and/or update your personal information, please log into the Site and visit your account profile page to make any desired changes.
Google Ads We use a number of Google services to assist us with advertising. To learn more about Google’s practices with regard to data collection, and to manage Google Ads, click here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads. Furthermore, certain of our ads on third party websites may display an advertising options icon that you can click to learn about your choices. This icon will only appear on certain platforms. Keep in mind that these opt-outs work using cookies, so if you delete your cookies, then you will need to opt out again. Also, as you use different devices or browsers, you will need to opt out on each browser and device individually.
DO NOT TRACK
The Site does not respond to “do not track” requests. All traffic is treated as equal and processed the same. If you desire to have your browsing be private, we suggest that you use your web browser’s private or incognito function, or a similar option.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marking purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at the address provided in the “CONTACT US” section, below.
European Privacy Rights
If you are a data subject in Europe, you have the right to access, rectify, or erase any personal data we have collected about you through the Services. You also have the right to data portability and the right to restrict or object to our processing of personal data we have collected about you through the Services. In addition, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data (or provide it to third parties to process) for marketing purposes or purposes materially different than for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. You may withdraw your consent at any time for any data processing we do based on consent you have provided to us.
To exercise any of these rights, contact us using the information below and specify which right you intend to exercise. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we store information as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, and may continue to retain and use the information even after a data subject request for purposes of our legitimate interests, including as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and enforce our agreements.
If you have any issues with our compliance, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a European supervisory authority.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Although we appreciate the DMTOnlineStore.com customers of the future, this Site is not intended for anyone under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information and otherwise comply with the requirements of any applicable law including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strive to use reasonable means to secure your personal information while you are using the Site. We maintain technical, administrative, physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. To guard this information, the Sites use Transport Layer Security (TLS) where we collect personal and sensitive information. SSL encrypts your credit card number, name and address so only we are able to decode the information.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Innovation is part of our company mission. As we constantly evolve and improve how we do business online, from time to time this Policy may change. The effective date of this Policy is the date next to the words “Last Modified” at the top of this Policy. We may update this Policy at any time, in our sole discretion, if we make material changes to the way we handle your personal information, or if material changes are necessary due to law. Our most current Policy will always be posted at https://www.dmtonlinestore.com, and at any other link you clicked on to reach this Policy. Any changes we make to this Policy will be effective immediately upon the posting of the updated Policy. As such, we encourage you to review this Policy regularly. Your continued use of the Site after we make changes will constitute your acceptance of any such changes.
- Via e-mail: email@example.com
- Via telephone: 1-800-450-2172
- Via mail: DMTOnlineStore.com, 8376 Murphy Dr, Middleton, WI 53562